Connect with us

FANTASY FOOTBALL/DFS

Fantasy Football Waiver Wire: Week 17

Rex Burkhead did some pretty good things on the field on Sunday, so do a good thing too and pick him up off waivers if he’s available.

Published

on

Fantasy Football - Rex Burkhead

The key to winning your fantasy football league is not how well you draft, but the players you add off waivers. This is extremely important because securing hidden talent could replace those late-round selections, even mid-rounders, that aren’t having the best season. Here at NFS, we provide the best picks for players you should grab off waivers now before it is too late. As always, both opportunity and performance are taken into consideration for these players. You can also make life easier by checking out our Consistency Rankings!

Rex Burkhead, RB, Houston Texans
A reliable veteran since his days with the New England Patriots, Rex Burkhead had recently moved into the starting role with David Johnson going into COVID protocols with an injury and a positive test. Burkhead absolutely balled out against the San Diego Chargers this week. Burkhead finished the game with 149 rushing yards and two touchdowns. His production was more than enough to lead to a rare and surprising win as well. Burkhead has a decent chance to be the RB1 going forward, but he will at the very least have a bigger role with the team. He’s a solid target on the waiver wire.

Gerald Everett, TE, Seattle Seahawks
With the Seattle Seahawks slowly reforming their offense after it was decimated with injuries, Gerald Everett has finally created a decent impact with the team. He had a solid handful of games here and there, but failed to build a consistent resume with the offense. He’s put together three great games in a row, with last week being his best. Against the Chicago Bears, Everett finished with four catches for 68 yards and a touchdown. Favorable matchups against the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals make him a critical add in a thin tight end market for the fantasy playoffs.

Dare Ogunbowale, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
After James Robinson was recently diagnosed with a torn Achilles during the game against the New York Jets, Dare Ogunbowale was next up on the depth chart. He finished with a strong game last week as the RB1 handling the majority of snaps. Ogunbowale ended the game with 57 rushing yards and a touchdown. Of course, the Jaguars organization is a mess, but opportunity looms large as Ogunbowale will receive a ton of snaps and attempts going forward. He may not be an effective back, but the volume could stack his numbers. He’s a solid running back off the waiver.

Byron Pringle, WR, Kansas City Chiefs
A major issue for the Chiefs earlier in the season was the lack of a number two wide receiver that could be a reliable option for Patrick Mahomes to throw to. That role used to be filled by Sammy Watkins before he signed with the Baltimore Ravens. Last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Byron Pringle looked like he could fill that role week in and week out. Pringle finished with six receptions for 75 yards and two touchdowns. Pringle by no means will have such explosive games like this every week. But even being able to put up 15 fantasy points a game gives him great upside for the rest of the season and redrafts next year.

Davis Mills, QB, Houston Texans
Davis Mills was almost looked at as a joke compared to the rest of the starting quarterbacks because of the depleted amount of talent he had and his horrible production. But Mills has actually put up solid game stats over the last three weeks. His most impressive game was against the Chargers where they were able to pull an upset win. He finished that game with 254 passing yards and two touchdowns. He’s held a 5:1 touchdown to interception ratio in those same games. He’s a perfect replacement option if another quarterback were to miss time due to COVID or injury.

Ethan was born and raised in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia. He's a sophomore at the University of Oregon studying journalism. He is an avid follower of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, and UFC. Since the return of sports, he has glued his eyes open only to experience continuous failure amongst his Philadelphia sports team.

Continue Reading

Trending

DISCLAIMER: This site is 100% for entertainment/information purposes only and does not involve real money betting or prizes.
Copyright © 2019-2022 by Nerd Fantasy Sports. All Rights Reserved.